The benefits of using an Estate Agent to sell your Guernsey Property
Whether selling your house or apartment there are plenty of reasons for using a licensed real estate agent. Propertyskipper.com reviews some of the important factors of why the vast majority of people use a professional to guide them through this often-stressful process.
1) Knowledge of the Guernsey market - An estate agent has extensive knowledge of the local market, the type of properties for sale within it, those recently sold, and the potential demand for similar properties. This market understanding allows them to calculate your property's value accurately and realistically for sale.
2) A database of potential buyers - An estate agent will already be in contact with a substantial number of potential buyers, some of whom may be looking for a property just like the one you are selling. Agents will also work with their network of real estate professionals to find potential buyers for your home – your agents network of contacts in the industry can be vital for a successful sale.
3) Marketing - It’s unlikely that any private individual or other organisation will be able to market your property as effectively as a licensed real estate agency. Estate agents are likely to achieve the best possible chance of finding the right buyer, at the best sale price, by marketing your property through some or all of the following channels: a) On the Internet via their own websites and also on property portals like propertyskipper.com (See point 7) b) 'For sale' board at your property c) At their local branch/office d) Staging an ‘Open House’e) In local (and in some circumstances international) newspapers or magazines.
4) Viewings - Your estate agent acts to manage and coordinate viewings between yourself and the potential buyers of your home. They will arrange and be present at viewings, to “sell” your home to potential buyers, as well as answering questions that may arise. An agent will give you regular updates on how viewings are progressing including, feedback they are receiving from potential buyers.
5) Advice, guidance and hard work for a smooth transaction - Your agent is on hand to provide you with advice and guidance should any difficulties or problems arise throughout the selling process. An agent will advise and assist in overcoming any obstacles that may be blocking a quick sale of your property. By instructing an estate agent to sell your home, you are employing a company to manage as much of the sales process as you are comfortable with, taking away many of the stresses and strains of the task.
6) Negotiating with the buyer - By using an estate agent you don't have to negotiate directly with the buyers, which can cause embarrassment and awkwardness (especially on a small island!) and may weaken your bargaining position. Your estate agent will manage the negotiation on your behalf and will make sure you get the best deal possible.
7) Make sure your agent advertises on propertyskipper.com – Ensure your agent advertises their properties on propertyskipper.com, with 100’s of Guernsey properties for sale and rent, and with both a local and international reach - it’s a great place for your home to find a wide audience of buyers. propertyskipper.com only accepts listings from licensed real estate agents ensuring up-to date and reliable information for buyers. To see which agents currently advertise their listings with us see our Agent Info section:
The content provided in the propertyskipper.com news section is for information only. In all cases, independent and professional advice should be sought before buying, selling, letting or renting property, or buying financial services products.