- Beautiful country estate
- Restored Georgian period main home
- Professionally designed interior
- Highest specification throughout
- 3 Family/guest cottages
- 2 Ancillary staff properties
- Indoor pool and health suite
- 35 acres of landscaped grounds
A residential property categorised as Part A on Guernsey's Open Market Housing Register and available for occupation by those holding a British or European Economic Area passport.
Widely recognised as one of the finest country estates in the Channel Islands, St George is surely unique in terms of its appeal as a beautifully presented home, with ancillary cottages and outbuildings, set in some 35 acres of meticulously maintained grounds, comprising ornamental and parkland gardens, wildflower meadows, a lake, a reflecting pond, woodland, and hospitality and recreational areas.
Situated in a rural part of the Castel parish, the property sits on elevated land about a mile distant from Guernsey’s west coast and enjoys some sea views from certain parts of the estate. An historic island residence, it was for many years the country seat of the Guille family which could trace their roots back to William the Conqueror and, at one time, it was notably the home of Captain John Guille who went on to be appointed the Bailiff of Royal Court in 1842.
With parts of the property dating as far back as the 16th Century, the main house was substantially rebuilt in the Palladian style as a gentleman’s residence in the 1800’s to make it one of the island’s best landed homes. In more recent years, the current owner has undertaken a complete programme of works on the estate, its various ancilliary dwellings, outbuildings and grounds utilising the professional services of renowned architects, interior designers and landscape gardeners.
Assiduously undertaken and driven by quality of workmanship, the project took a full four years before St George was finally revealed in all its beautifully restored glory, while also incorporating all the modern infrastructure expected in the 21st Century.
The St George Estate comprises the main house, three immediate family/staff cottages, two discretely positioned outlying homes, an estate office with meeting rooms, a workshop, garaging, workshop, luxury indoor pool, all weather floodlit tennis court, health suite and squash court. Taken overall, the property offers the best opportunity for many years to a discerning purchaser looking for the very best that the Channel Islands has to offer.
The property has three vehicle entrance points but the two primary ones are along Rue des Deslisles . One is at the junction with Rue de la Masse at the top of Mont d'Aval and the other about halfway down Rue des Deslisles, travelling west, on the right hand side by the historic Fief Le Comte court house. A secondary access can be found off Rue St Germain and enters from the north of the estate.
Perry's Guide Map reference: Page 15 E2/3
Lat/Long: 49[tel. no. redacted]
, -2[tel. no. redacted]