'Meet the Agent' - Katie DeCouto from Keller Williams BermudaThis month for 'Meet the Agent' we interview Katie DeCouto, a Real Estate Agent working with Keller Williams Bermuda. Katie discusses her new role at Keller Williams having previously worked as an underwriter in the reinsurance industy, favourite listing on the market right now and also some top tips for buyers and sellers in the current market.
How long have you been in the business and tell us a little about yourself? My name is Katie DeCouto I have been a real estate agent for 1 year. Before being a Real Estate agent I was a US CAT property Underwriter, I gave up the reinsurance gig to be a full time mum and look after our 3 kids. I quickly realized I wanted to work again and found the Real Estate industry to have the best work/life balance, so here I am.
Why do you like working for Keller Williams Bermuda and what’s the favourite part of your job? I like working for Keller Williams because of the team and the training they provide. Everyone at KW has been so helpful and welcoming during my first year. The training was also super helpful in helping me get stuck straight into the market. The favourite part of my job is finding someone a home and seeing their reaction when they walk into the home that they see as theirs.
Where are you seeing activity in the market at the moment? The most active part of the market right now is between $1m-$2m for family homes, they just seem to be snatched up when they come on the market.
What is your favorite property on the market right now? My favorite property on the market right now is Leprechaun – a gorgeous garden, pool, perfect neighborhood for families and a great starter home for a family: https://www.propertyskipper.com/property/moura_1088_955_leprechaun
What property on the market right now, in your opinion, do you think is really good value? Inglenook is great value for money – super close to town, 3 bedrooms and competely renovated. It is a great first time home for the lucky buyer: https://www.propertyskipper.com/property/moura_1088_921_inglenook
How do you see the Bermuda property market over the next year? Wow – this is a tough question as I think we as realtors understand the rental market up tick, but the sales have taken off and no one can explain exactly why. I really hope that the enthusiasm in the market continues though, it still is a buyers market!
What are your top 3 tips for purchasers when looking for a potential new home? My top tips for purchasers when buying a home are:
1) Get a preapproval from the bank when you are ready to buy a home – this provides a foot up on any other buyer you may be up against when purchasing a home.
2) See as many homes as you can – this helps give you a sense of what really matters to you.
3) Pick a lawyer and educate yourself on the process of buying a home.
Finally – do you have any good tips for sellers when preparing their home for sale? Top tips for a seller:
1) If there are any small jobs that need doing around the house like painting get the job done, if it doesn’t cost too much – the buyer will use this to negotiate the price down if it isn’t done.
2) Tidy up before realtors or potential buyers come by, clutter can put people off.
3) Find the deed package and any other documents that are needed for the sale. Make sure these documents are cleaned up and ready to go if they need any prep work. Also book the staking of the property, as all the surveyors are very busy.
To Contact Katie you can call: +1 (441) 532-0677
Or E-mail: email@example.com