'Meet the Agent' - Lisa Fraser-Smith - The Property Group
This month for 'Meet the Agent' we interview Lisa Fraser-Smith from the The Property Group. Lisa discusses why she enjoys working for The Property Group, her favourite properties on the market at the moment and signs of a recovery in the Bermuda property market.
1) How long have you been an Real Estate agent? I have been licensed for three years and started work as an associate with The Property Group about a year ago.
2) Why do you like working with The Property Group? TPG has a wealth of experience. The company, staff and associates are very supportive. I have been able to learn a lot from their years of experience. The atmosphere is professional, friendly and always encouraging.
3) What is the favourite part of the job? I love getting to know new people. Every situation is unique and can be very challenging at times to meet the needs of the tenant/homeowner. Matching the right property with the right family is very rewarding.
4) What is your favourite property on the market right now? Fairwinds in Southampton is a lovely home that sits on top of a hill with beautiful views of the sound.
5) What property on the market right now, in your opinion do you think is really good value? There are quite a few properties on the market right now that are of good value from condominiums to single dwelling units. We are working with many motivated sellers who have reduced the price of their home or offering seller financing . For example, the condominiums on Beulah Lane in Sandys are fully furnished and ready to move in.
And don’t forget there are lots of land for sale that offer great views and location for you to build your dream home.
6) How do you see the Bermuda property market over the next 12 months? The economic recovery is slow but it is happening. There have been substantially more sales this year than last and I think the trend will continue. The rental market has been booming most of the year and will continue to be strong in the coming year. At TPG, we have a surplus of buyers suggesting that people are now feeling more confident about the economy. In fact, right now we are actively marketing to list more family homes for sale. We have buyers looking anywhere from about $900,000 on up to $4 million.
7) What are your top 3 tips when looking at a potential new home? Be realistic with your budget. A lot of people come into the market with high end expectations but a low end budget. Getting a deal does happen but it is not the norm. Be realistic with the property. You might not get everything on your wish list and will have to compromise. Before looking to buy a property, go to the bank and apply for a pre-approved loan. That way you know how much you can afford and closing on a property should take less time.
8) What do you think of propertyskipper? I think propertyskipper is a great real estate tool for both real estate agents and prospective buyers and potential landlords/sellers. It allows anyone looking for real estate to get a quick but thorough overview of what is on the market at that moment..