Meet the Agent - Rochelle Swan - Coldwell Banker Bermuda RealtyThis month propertyskipper.com interviews Rochelle Swan, Sales Representative, Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty. Rochelle shares her thoughts on the Bermuda property market, her favourite properties on the market right now and her top tips for house hunting...
How long have you been a Real Estate agent? I have been a Real Estate agent for 12 years now.
Why do you like working for Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty? I enjoy working for Coldwell Banker Bermuda Realty because:
• The Company offers such a wide range of services that it provides lots of opportunity to learn about the various aspects of the business. That helps me to be a more detailed and thorough with the information I’m able to share.
• The Company is very innovate and is constantly looking for ways to improve and provide better service to our customers and clients
• There is a wealth and abundance of knowledge and expertise within the team, which we readily share with one another. Additionally, new training opportunities are always an option so that we stay current and relevant.
• I work with a group of people who love this business and because of that, there are days when we just have a blast together. We laugh a lot and I love that!
What is the favourite part of your job? My favourite part of the job is when I successfully match a buyer with just the right property and a sales transaction is successful. There is a certain “rush” to goes along with that experience.
What is your favourite property on the market right now? One of my favourite properties on the market right now is a house called “Little Rock” on Rockville Lane in Pembroke. It is a major fixer-upper but when I walked into it the first time, it felt like it just hugged me. I love spacious old houses, even when they’re a mess, somehow I just start to envision the transformation. I find renovation very inspirational! https://www.propertyskipper.com/property/clba_6991_little_rock
What property on the market right now, in your opinion, do you think is really good value? There is a three apartment house on Cut Road, St. Georges called “September Song”. It sits on almost a 1/3 acre so there’s lots of room for expansion, it has water views and is priced at only $810,000. It’s a great opportunity for a family to pool their resources to purchase a place together and still create their individual sense of privacy. https://www.propertyskipper.com/property/clba_6775_september_song
How do you see the Bermuda property market over the next 12 months? I believe that from a purchaser’s perspective, there is still lots of inventory and there are still deals to be had, however, we are seeing a noticeable increase in activity which has resulted in multiple offers on a few properties that were priced right. Consumer confidence seems to be on the increase and the banks are lending money to those who have the required payments, so hopefully we will continue to see an increase in transactions over the next 12 months.
What are your top 3 tips when looking at a potential new home? My top three tips for a Buyer are:
1) Location is key. This will always be a significant factor when determining future value and potential resale.
2) Good bones and good space (development potential). If a house has good bones on a decent sized lot, you can always turn into the home you’ve envisioned for your family.
3) Make sure that the style of home accommodates your lifestyle
What do you think of propertyskipper.com (we promise not to edit!)? The most significant benefit in my opinion is the ability of view properties listed by a number of difference Agents on a single site. It’s very convenient.
You can contact Rochelle at (441) 247-1819 or by e-mail: email@example.com