'Meet the Agent' - Tania Kowalski from Rego Sotheby's International RealtyThis month for 'Meet the Agent' we interview Tania Kowalski, a sales and rental agent at Rego Sotheby's International Realty. Tania recently joined the Rego Sotheby's International Realty team and discusses what she is enjoying about her new role, where activity is being seen in the market right now and also some excellent tips for buyers and sellers preparing for their property search or putting their property on the market.
How long have you been in the business? Although I am brand new to Real Estate industry, I have always possessed a genuine passion for it. With prior experience in Sales and Marketing, there are many transferrable skills that are assisting me in providing exceptional service to my clients. I also have an incredible team supporting me at Rego Sotheby’s International Realty who have gotten me up to speed quickly which I am grateful for.
Why do you like working for Rego Sotheby's International Realty and what’s the favorite part of your job? Rego Sotheby’s International Realty is an incredible, reputable brand and as mentioned, the team here in Bermuda and abroad have such a wealth of knowledge and experience. Our local agents have been so willing to share and help. We are a full-service brokerage and therefore I am able to help clients beyond their rental and selling needs.
Where are you seeing activity in the market at the moment? There is activity in many aspects of the market at the moment! I am seeing a real demand for 3–4-bedroom homes to purchase and rent. Properties for purchase in the $1-3 million dollar range seem to be highly sought after and short on inventory.
What is your favorite property on the market right now? I love Margaret Young’s listing ‘Temasek’. The views are phenomenal, it has a modern gourmet kitchen, the property is in fantastic condition and it is perfect for entertaining! CLICK HERE TO VIEW
What property on the market right now, in your opinion, do you think is really good value? I would say ‘Temasek’ is great value. It is in the highly favoured Smith’s parish up on Knapton Hill allows for stunning views and is also a safe family friendly neighbourhood. The residence has a spacious pool deck and cabana and a full complete lower level ideal for children or suitable for guests to stay and have their own privacy.
How do you see the Bermuda property market over the next year? I see St. George’s becoming more popular due to revitalization of the town activity helped by the introduction of the St. Regis Bermuda. Additionally, the current demand for family homes in good condition will continue to stay strong. Finally, after the Pandemic, with people having thought about how they want to spend their time and where they want to live, I think we’ll see an increase in international purchases with the hotel/tourism units continuing to be popular such as Azura and St. Regis Bermuda.
What are your top tips for purchasers when looking for a potential new home?
- Make a list of your non negotiables and negotiables when it comes to what you are looking for. Share these with your agent so that they make the best use of your time.
- Visualize your life in your home and make a list of what kind of spaces you want to create to support your lifestyle.
- Set a budget and get pre-approved for financing. This will help you to understand what you can and are willing to spend as well as have you set up to go to contract quickly if you find yourself in a competitive situation.
- Be open minded. Although I know that you don’t want to waste time, it’s worth seeing places that have potential but might need a little work. Getting a spectacular view or water access may mean being willing to do some renos. On this same note, seeing something just outside your budget may mean that you don’t need to do any work and could be worth it.
Finally – do you have any good tips for sellers when preparing their home for sale?
- Take a minimalist approach by clearing out as much clutter as possible to give those viewing your home the opportunity to visualize the potential of your space as their own.
- Get help staging your home. It’s amazing what a difference having a professional stage your home can make to its aesthetic and feel.
- Take your agent’s feedback to heart. If there are small changes that you can make that will help your property to show better and sell faster, it’s worth it!
To Contact Tania:
Phone: 441-542-4371 (office) or 441-595-4556 (cell)
or find on Instagram at: @Bermudahomes