'Meet the Agents' - The Property Brothers of Bermuda - Antwan and Andrew EdwardsThis Month for 'Meet the Agent' we interview the 'Property Brothers' of Bermuda - Antwan and Andrew Edwards, Sales and Rental Representatives from Bermuda Longtail Real Estate. The Property Brothers discuss why they enjoy working for the family business and how they have been exposed to the Real Estate market for all their lives, they discuss what listings on the market right now represent good value and also discuss some top tips for property purchasers and sellers in the current market.
How long have you been in the business? Hi, I’m Antwan (left) & I’m Andrew (right). We identify ourselves as the ‘Property Brothers of Bermuda’. We’ve ‘officially’ been in the business for approximately 10 months. Our mom, Cesa Edwards, Broker of Bermuda Longtail Real Estate Ltd has been in real estate for all of our lives so let’s say we’ve been exposed to real estate for 28 & 26 years respectively.
Why do you like working for Bermuda Longtail Real Estate and what’s the favourite part of your job? We love working for Bermuda Longtail Real Estate Ltd because it’s a locally owned family business, which means that what we (as brothers) do…. directly contributes to the success of the entire family. We all work really well together which makes for a good work environment. Our company is a quaint, close knit real estate firm. We love showing the many beautiful properties Bermuda has to offer for sale & rent & we enjoy helping people secure their dreams during at times through some of the greatest & not so greatest of journeys they have in their lives.
Where are you seeing activity in the market at the moment? We’ve noticed that sales have picked up significantly in 2019 from last year. Particularly a lot of movement in the lower to mid-range categories such as fixer uppers, cottages, homes with income, condominiums & investment properties. Some properties are taking longer than usual to close for one reason or another so patience is the key!
What is your favorite property on the market right now? We don’t have a favorite property specifically. We’re results driven so our favorite is whatever property sells or rents and/or the property that MOM wants us to get moving with!
What property on the market right now, in your opinion, do you think is really good value? There are several properties at the moment with amazing value;
2 bedroom cottage in Somerset, Sandy’s - $395,000
CLICK HERE TO VIEW
3 bedroom Loughlands Condominium off of South Road, Paget - $480,000
CLICK HERE TO VIEW
2 bedroom Atlantis Penthouse Condominium, Pool, Gym & Roof Top Terrace, City of Hamilton - $699,500
CLICK HERE TO VIEW
How do you see the Bermuda property market in 2019? Based off of what we’ve witnessed in the market thus far this year, we anticipate that more sales will continue to take place until the winter. Buyers are still getting great deals & motivated sellers are thankful that their properties are selling.
What are your top 3 tips for purchasers when looking for a potential new home?
- Find a realtor you can trust. Chances are you’ll be sharing confidential information & you want to make sure you feel comfortable with the one you are speaking with.
- Get pre-approval from the bank so you can know from the get go what you can actually afford BEFORE shopping around. At Bermuda Longtail Real Estate Ltd …we can help you with this crucial step.
- Listen to YOUR heart/gut feeling when making the decision to purchase. Purchasing a property is an emotional journey…whether it’s YOU making the decision on your own or if more than one person is involved.
Finally – do you have any good tips for sellers when preparing their home for sale?
- Find a realtor you trust. Again chances are you’ll be sharing important confidential information that YOU deserve to be respected.
- Consider getting a qualified bank appraisal.
- Staging / Cleaning the Property always seem to show the best.
Contact Details for Antwan and Andrew: